Data export with arcgis server

Jump to solution
05-13-2019 05:22 AM
NadirHussain
Occasional Contributor II

Dear All,

i have a difficult scenario. I have two data set.in one data set one desktop application insert some data with attribute field status yes or no in three tables.i have to fetch that features from three tables that have status yes have to move features in one features class.the resultant feature class i have to display on the map with specific symbology.how i move features with arcgis jave script code.i have to used rest service for this.please give me some idea.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

As edits are made to the database the map service should see those changes based on the refresh interval set on the service. There is nothing you need to do that I know of.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

So when you say

I have to used rest service for this.

Do you mean the data is not coming from ArcGIS services?

0 Kudos
NadirHussain

we can create the rest services on this data.but it is real time data.As soon the three tables get data it should be some method to know that data is inserted in the three tables and fetch that data  to your table from which you have to display data.

Thanks Robert 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

This sounds more like database triggers and .net programming. Sorry you will need to Google about database triggers in your specific database type and Google about developing a custom .net Rest web service.

0 Kudos
NadirHussain

Dear Robert,

i have one solution.i want to discuss with you.if we add all the feature classes source and target on mxd and publish the service from arcgis server. Make our service setintentervalRefresh(1).the service will fetch all the records from the database after every minute and we will place our records from source tables to one target table.here there is one problem how i run the code to fetch data from source tables to target tables after one minute.Can i use times here.how to use this timer.pls your suggestions.

thanks for your kind cooperation.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

You would use setInterval in your code to execute a QueryTask.

0 Kudos
NadirHussain

Dear Robert,

My feature class is updated by some desktop client.I want all the record should be visible in the rest service when i make the query to rest service.how it is possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

As edits are made to the database the map service should see those changes based on the refresh interval set on the service. There is nothing you need to do that I know of.

0 Kudos