Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a Count of Features Label in Clustering

09-26-2018 09:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have searched the internet high and low and the closest I have come to a solution is a way to manipulate JS in the API in a GitHub article. I need to provide a label that shows the number of points clustered as you scale in and out on the map. I have tried to figure out a way in Arcade to do this but thus far have not succeeded. With that being said, is there a way to do this and if so how do I do it. If it is something that QGIS does out of the box, then why is it not something that ESRI can do and make available? Thanks for any help. 

11 Replies
JohnMDye
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for that response Matt George‌. Makes a lot more sense the way you put it.

FWIW, I think supporting the full LabelClass API is an admirable goal and if you're almost there then by all means, keep grinding. But if 2020 is going to be another year of label-less clusters, I might offer that there should be some consideration given to using the `featureReduction.labelingInfo` approach as a stop-gap because that's probably 60% of the use cases out there.

Thanks again for the response!

KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos