Bring the functionality of one website into the design of another

Jump to solution
01-08-2018 07:54 AM
RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

I need help trying to bring the functionality of one website into the design of another. They are both mine and should be simple but I unable to get the results I need. Any suggestions or a complete fix would be appreciated.

Im looking to get the design and look of the Lafleur_Richard.html file but with the functionality of the zip files.

Please help.

Also, if you click on one of the points in the zip file. You will notice that a bunch of information appears. I have been struggling with the date fields pulling correct dates. The red dots will have dates already entered but the other colored dots should be blank, however the are coming in with defaulted date of 1.1.1970. Not sure if this is something I need to change in ArcGIS or if its a programming thing. Maybe Epoch time or something.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

So the attached should work for you then.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

In your 3.x app you have the LayerList widget in a left pane that can show the legend and opacity. That feature is not yet available in 4.x. Is there a reason you are using a SceneView instead of a MapView? Do you need 3D for some reason?

0 Kudos
RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

No i have no need for 3D, I dont really need the opacity either.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

Just to be sure you understand you will not get the legend part of the layerlist widget in the 4.x environment yet either.

0 Kudos
RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

I need that, is there anyway to change it to the previous environment so that it can include that and the rest of everything i need. If so would you mind changing it or explain how to.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

So the attached should work for you then.

RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

WOW!! Thanks so much, I wish I was able to understand Javascript better, but I am so grateful for your help and knowledge. Again Thanks. I hope you can again help me in the future as I am sure that I will need your help.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

Were you able to figure out the Date issue for the Date_of_Birth and Date_of_Death in the update part of the code?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yep,

You had them as required fields yet your data had null for those fields in several records and you were automatically converting that null to a date which would default to that 1970 date.

0 Kudos