attachment issue

Jump to solution
03-27-2020 09:12 AM
JohnSegars1
New Contributor II

Javascript 4.14 example request.

I have searched and I know there must be some working examples showing the implementation of javascript api popups which display attachments associated with the 'clicked' location. I find references to the documentation but no working examples and I'm certain they're out there.

In this case, I have published a rest service which exposes underground vaults, attributes and various attachments in the form of photographs.

In moving or creating the web interface to this service i would like to be able for the user to click on a vault obtain relevant attribution along with a list or preview of the images associated with said vault. 

The attached photo shows the endpoint from the reset service so I know that it is possible to do what I'm seeking to have done but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get beyond retrieving the basic attribution.

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction!

-John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John - here's a sample that has attachments within the popup: Popup with edit action | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.14 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John - here's a sample that has attachments within the popup: Popup with edit action | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.14 

JohnSegars1
New Contributor II

Anne:

thanks for that link...that should work.

-John

JohnSegars1
New Contributor II

As an update and for others that may be as new to this as myself!

So I finally realized what the problem may have been or at least what was contributing to the issue. My original web map was pointing to a MapImageLayer. As soon as I recoded to pull from the FeatureServer the popups began working.

Thanks,

John