ArcGIS server Geoprocessing job failed immediately after submit

06-19-2018 10:49 AM
AllenHuang
New Contributor III
I have a few geoprocessing services published onto a production ArcGIS server but after a series of Windows 2012R2 and ArcGIS server updates, the services stopped function.

When I submit a job, these are the messages I would get:

• esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Submitted.
  • esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Executing...
  • esriJobMessageTypeError:
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: Failed.

To test and see if there is something wrong with the server, I published an empty python script. When I submit a job to that service, I get the same set of message. If it had function normally, there wouldn't be any "esriJobMessageTypeError". Its as if the code did not execute at all, stopped at the first line.

Attempting to built my service from scratch step by step and I think I have located where the problem started.

Starting from the beginning,

1. Published an empty python script to a test python service and confirmed that it is running normally.
  2. Update the script with some imports. Service is executing normally.
  3. Update the service with one input parameter. The service failed with the above 4 lines of esriJobMessag. However server log did not record anything

Have test the empty script with a single parameter on another ArcGIS server and the server execute the service with no problem.

So what should I do next? Anything before completely re-install the problem ArcGIS server?

4 Replies
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

What version of ArcGIS Server are you using? What happens if you run a query in the rest services?

0 Kudos
AllenHuang
New Contributor III

The ArcGIS Server is version 10.6

When I submit a job through ArcGIS rest interface, those four lines of messages above are the only thing I get back. There used to be error message in the ArcGIS Server Manager logs but not anymore.

0 Kudos
Su-hyunPark
Esri Contributor

Hello, Allen Huang

Did you find solution about this case?

One of my client suffering same issue with you.

He also uses ArcGIS Server 10.6 and his Geoprocessing service failed with no error message.

If you sharing your solution, it will be really helpful for use.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AllenHuang
New Contributor III

Hello Su-hyun

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution to this problem. However, it did not happen again so far after I restarted the machine itself. I do not know at which junction the ArcGIS Server started to fail. 

Allen