Add an arrow icon to a label

Jump to solution
12-22-2020 02:21 AM
Phenom
by
New Contributor II

So I have a featureLayer with a labelClass that displays the name of the polygon or polyline im dealing with.

Question is:  Is it even possible to put an, in my case, arrow icon inside of the label? 

Ex) If the name of the label would be 'East' I would want the label to be 'East ->' with an actual arrow image

I'm not sure how the labels are rendered exactly but trying to append '&larr' like a normal html arrow would be doesn't work.  I think that is because the text is defined using Arcade.  Can't seem to be able to find if Arcade has any icons available to it.  It also doesn't have to be a labelClass if another solution can work around the labelClass

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor
2 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

You could try a unicode character for an arrow.

Amp What search “arrow” Unicode Characters & Entities (amp-what.com)

Phenom
by
New Contributor II

So while that site didn't completely solve my problem (and it could work for others so I'll accept it as the solution) it did lead me to realize that I needed to append the U code "\u2192" which is the right arrow.  I was trying to use '→' which didn't work for me at least.

Thanks!

Side Notes: If you are reading this and trying to use these characters and the data looks like they are in there and they are not showing up, make sure you are using a font for your symbols that supports unicode characters.  In my case Arial was what I was using and arial doesn't support diagonal arrows.  Arial Unicode MS however does support them and worked fine.