4.x API documentation not appearing in Google searches for me

Jump to solution
08-27-2021 09:16 AM
RyanGatchell1
New Contributor III

For the past few days every search I perform using Google is only returning 3.37 results, with an odd 4.4 result but none with the latest API. Tried on Chrome on PC and Mac, and Safari on Mac, incognito/private browsing for both and the same results.

Just some of the Google searches used: arcgis javascript api feature layer, arcgis javascript api featurelayer, arcgis js api popup

I know all the docs are still online and can easily get to the developers page, but found this strange enough to throw it out to the community. Anyone else experiencing this and a bit annoyed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry for confusion @RyanGatchell1 we are aware of the issue and working on addressing it asap. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry for confusion @RyanGatchell1 we are aware of the issue and working on addressing it asap. 

RyanGatchell1
New Contributor III

Thanks Andy, glad you're on it. 

0 Kudos
BenRomlein
Occasional Contributor

I get an old version of the totalapis.github.io page as my top results for "esri js api" searches.

I've resorted to just bookmarking: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/

0 Kudos
RyanGatchell1
New Contributor III

Yeah, @BenRomlein, I saw those too, those were the 4.4 API results I was seeing. I too have the developers site bookmarked, but am truly a lazy developer that only ever opens new browser tabs and starts typing 😉. For the most part, I just use the links VS Code will provide in the hints when hovering over an ArcGIS JS API class but if I haven't added the import statement yet and not really sure where I am going (like the changes with print/print template/etc. from 4.19 to 4.20) I still end up using the Google. 

In any case, @AndyGup et al are on the case, satisfied that someday my lazy workflow will again be acceptable. 

0 Kudos