4.10 API using indetifyTask

Jump to solution
02-27-2019 09:37 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to create a basic web map, consuming data from my ArcServer instance. After many hours of troubleshooting, I figured out what my issue is but I do not know how to fix it. Hoping someone can shed some light.

I'm using the latest 4.10 api. Using the sample code at ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox as my base; changing the relevant elements to point to my server.

I finally figured out the indetifyTask was actually running, but returning an error.

e {name: "request:server", message: "Unexpected token F in JSON at position 663", details: {…}}

I am getting a result. At position 663 seems to be malformed results. The below is what is being returned. 663 is the F in "FACILITY_JOIN".

"GLOBALID":"{59871D5E-66A0-4E28-A403-395C68536163}","Shape":"Polygon",","FACILITY_JOIN":"VU-MAIN

Preceding this is ",","FAC. I suspect the unmatched ", is really the issue. My question is, how can I fix? Is it an issue with the service? An issue with the params I'm passing? I just know know. Hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I opened a ticket with ESRI. The support representative had me add  params.returnFieldName = true; to the parameters. This solved the quoting issues but the tech couldn't/wouldn't explain why.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Hi Huey,

Do you have any public service to share or create a public map service with test data and send to us to test at our end. 

Thanks,

Biraja

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My test maps is at Vanderbilt Campus Map - 2D. It's hitting the server Layer: Buildings (ID: 3) . With Chrome's console open, click a building that is on campus.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I opened a ticket with ESRI. The support representative had me add  params.returnFieldName = true; to the parameters. This solved the quoting issues but the tech couldn't/wouldn't explain why.

0 Kudos