Select to view content in your preferred language

WMTS in config.xml

12-28-2011 02:43 PM
MichaelSmith2
Occasional Contributor
Has anyone tried to add a WMTSLayer to a 2.5 Flex Viewer app yet?

I am using Flash Builder 4.5 and have successfully added the Flex Viewer 2.5 source code as a project and imported the 2.5 swc into the project. As for the WMTS, I have GeoServer up and running and am currently serving data to a live FlexViewer 2.4 app as a WMS layer and have crossdomain.xml correctly configured. The integrated GeoWebCache feature of GeoServer is now set up and I have tested that WMTS works through the demo viewer in GeoServer.

All data in the app is using the same projection.

The problem I am having is when I try to add the WMTS layer in config.xml. Looking at the sample, which looks to have been written before WMTS was implemented in 2.5, and the API I cobbled together what I thought was the correct format for adding the layer. The following is the LAYER format I used:

<layer label="Landslide Debris Flow" type="wms" visible="true" alpha="0.7" url="IPAddress:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/wmts?service=WMTS&amp;tiled=true&amp;request=GetMap" skipgetcapabilities="true" wkid="26910" xmin="434836.578" ymin="4067712.71" xmax="667126.578" ymax="4303962.71" version="1.0.0" format="PNG" serviceMode="KVP" tileMatrixSetId="NAD83_UTM_Zone10N" title="lndsldDebrisFlow"/>

I have tried both tiled and wms as layer type in the tag. Type tiled returns a 2032 streaming error. Type wms does not return an error, but does not load the layer either.

Having used WMS layers before I am still unsure where the various options go. Some of the items listed outside the URL would normally be in the URL when making a request using other mapping programs. As a result I have pulled most of the options from the URL and made them their own option statements within the LAYER tag.

Any ideas about where my LAYER tag is failing?

- Mike

Michael Smith
GIS Coordinator
Association of Bay Area Governments
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MattiasEkström
Frequent Contributor
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/45233-WMST-Support-Flex-Viewer

There's support for WMST in the API 2.5, but the Viewer doesn't support it.
0 Kudos
MichaelSmith2
Occasional Contributor
Thank you Mattias! I had confused their join dates as the posting dates and thought that exchange was a year old.

- Mike
0 Kudos