Problem with the Enhanced Search widget.

03-04-2011 08:24 AM
DougKampe
New Contributor III
To start, this is a fantastic tool and I have it almost completely configured, but I have 1. major problem, and a few minor issues.  Also, I do not have access to Flex Builder, so I got the complied version.

Major problem:  I cannot get this configued to read my coded domain for a field called LINK.  Here's the code from the .XML document. (The alias and field are the same name.)

<expression alias="LINK" textsearchlabel="Choose From Drop Box:" field="LINK" usedomain="true">LINK = '[value]'</expression>

This is an operational layer in the main index.xml.  I read somewhere that it should be a livemap, which I tried but no luck with that, unless I configured it with the wrong parameters.
I've poured over the instructions, but can't find a resolution for this.  I'm running Flex 2.2 and the widget is version 2.2.9 (latest release).

Minor issues:  Some of the buttons are not displaying the PNG files despite having pasted them into my assets\images folder.  Specific icons are: 1. Show results in grid, 2. Spatial Search, 3. Apply buffer, 4. Entirely contained in 5. Intersected by, and 6. Intersected by envelope of.

Also, the icon for 'use existing draw widget graphics'  button is also not displaying.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Doug
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Doug,

Your issue with the images is that the folder under widgets has to be called eSearch.
widgets/eSearch/assets/images/

For your major issue can you post a screen shot or copy and paste of the Rest Service end point that shows the Coded domain values?

Example:

Fields:

* OBJECTID (Type: esriFieldTypeOID, Alias: OBJECTID)
    * Local_ID (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: Local ID, Length: 10 )
    * Bin (Type: esriFieldTypeInteger, Alias: Bin)
    * Length_ (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Length)
    * B_Road_W (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Bridge Roadway Width (Curb to Curb))
    * Deck_W (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Deck Width (Out to Out))
    * Approach_R_W (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Approach Roadway Width)
    * Span_Num (Type: esriFieldTypeSmallInteger, Alias: Number of Spans)
    * M_Span_L (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Max Span Length)
    * Deck_Cond_C (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: Deck Condition Code, Length: 5, Domain: Coded Values: , [9: 9 - Superior to present desirable criteria], [8: 8 - Equal to present desirable criteria], ...8 more... )
0 Kudos
DougKampe
New Contributor III
Doug,

Your issue with the images is that the folder under widgets has to be called eSearch.
widgets/eSearch/assets/images/

For your major issue can you post a screen shot or copy and paste of the Rest Service end point that shows the Coded domain values?

Example:

Fields:

* OBJECTID (Type: esriFieldTypeOID, Alias: OBJECTID)
    * Local_ID (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: Local ID, Length: 10 )
    * Bin (Type: esriFieldTypeInteger, Alias: Bin)
    * Length_ (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Length)
    * B_Road_W (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Bridge Roadway Width (Curb to Curb))
    * Deck_W (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Deck Width (Out to Out))
    * Approach_R_W (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Approach Roadway Width)
    * Span_Num (Type: esriFieldTypeSmallInteger, Alias: Number of Spans)
    * M_Span_L (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: Max Span Length)
    * Deck_Cond_C (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: Deck Condition Code, Length: 5, Domain: Coded Values: , [9: 9 - Superior to present desirable criteria], [8: 8 - Equal to present desirable criteria], ...8 more... )

Robert,

The icons are now showing.  I thought of that possiblity, but didn't follow my gut.  Thanks for that one. 

Ok, the Rest services do not show my coded Domain on the bottom-most field LINK, but the domain works perfectly in ArcMAP.  I do not understand this.  I cleared the Rest cache, and double checked the domain in ArcCatalog.  Also, I'm creating the GIS Service from ArcMAP and enabling Mapping, KML, and WMS.  No problems there.  Obviously, I'm missing something.

Fields:
ID (Type: esriFieldTypeOID, Alias: ID)
SEQ_NUMB (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: SEQ_NUMB)
MDE_NO (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: MDE_NO)
FIPS (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: FIPS)
REPORT_SOURCE (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: REPORT_SOURCE)
N83_MT (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: N83_MT)
E83_MT (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: E83_MT)
COSEG (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: COSEG)
FALLINE (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: FALLINE)
SUBBASIN (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: SUBBASIN)
MDE8DIGT (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: MDE8DIGT)
FIRST_MDE8 (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: FIRST_MDE8)
STRU_CODE (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: STRU_CODE)
STRU_TYPE (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: STRU_TYPE)
C (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: C)
UWG_CLASS (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: UWG_CLASS)
YEAR (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: YEAR)
DRAIN_ACRES (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: DRAIN_ACRES)
DRAIN_SQ_FT (Type: esriFieldTypeDouble, Alias: DRAIN_SQ_FT)
SHAPE (Type: esriFieldTypeGeometry, Alias: Shape)
LINK (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: LINK)
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Doug,

I tried publishing from both a file GDB and SDE and both had the domains in the REST Service directory...? I am on ArcGIS Server 10.01. What version is yours?
0 Kudos
DougKampe
New Contributor III
Currently, ArcMap and Server is at 9.3.1 sp 1. 

Doug
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Doug,

I don't have a 9.3.1 server to test anymore so I don't know what to tell you.
0 Kudos
DougKampe
New Contributor III
After a lengthy chat with ESRI support, we found that this is a problem with ArcGIS Server 9.x and will not be resolved.  ArcGIS Server 10.x has resloved this issue however. 

Thanks for your help Robert.

Doug
0 Kudos