Select to view content in your preferred language

map moving when lifting finger off map

Jump to solution
08-20-2013 05:41 PM
DewayneKorth1
Emerging Contributor
I have logged a problem with ESRI and they don't have a solution but created a bug ticket.  The problem is that when I lift my finger off the map, the map moves.  Making it impossible to actually center the map to an exact point.  It only occurs on Android tablets and IPads. On smart phones we weren't able to re-create problem.  I really need a work around in the mean time.  So far the only work-around is to use version 3 which doesn't have this problem.  I need to use version 3.1+ but each version after 3.0 has the problem.  Anyone have a work around.  Does panEasingFactor have something to do with it?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsaiahAguilera
Frequent Contributor
Dewayne,
I know what you are talking about. I tend to just deal with it but if you really wanted to get around it you could assign a mouseMove event and a mouseUp event to the map in question.

So your mouseMove would look like.
myMap.panEnabled = true;

and your mouseUp
myMap.panEnabled = false;

Its obviously not a perfect solution but it lets you pan with precision.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YannCabon
Esri Contributor
Can you try with the latest 3.4 release?
We tweaked the touch handling to prevent that problem.
0 Kudos
DewayneKorth1
Emerging Contributor
I discovered the problem using agslib-3.4-2013-06-30/Flex 4.6/Air 3.5.  It doesn't seem to occur on smart phones but does on Asus Pad Infinity Tablet and IPad 3.
0 Kudos
IsaiahAguilera
Frequent Contributor
Dewayne,
I know what you are talking about. I tend to just deal with it but if you really wanted to get around it you could assign a mouseMove event and a mouseUp event to the map in question.

myMap.panEnabled = true;

and your mouseUp

0 Kudos
DewayneKorth1
Emerging Contributor
Dewayne,

myMap.panEnabled = true;

and your mouseUp

Thank you! I figured there was a work-around besides reverting to 3.0.
0 Kudos
IsaiahAguilera
Frequent Contributor
Glad to help. Don't forget to mark my post as the answer if you feel this solves your problem. Thanks.
0 Kudos