map.InfoWindow popUpRenderer right click copy

09-13-2011 09:25 AM
JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II
This is an odd one and I'm hoping someone out there has an answer.

I'm using a popUpRenderer in the map.infoWindow to display a tooltip on the map.  In the old 1.x flex version of our map, the users could highlight text in the popup, right click, copy and then paste.

In the 2.4 version, they can still highlight, right click and copy, but nothing ever goes to the clipboard.  If they hit ctrl+c to copy, it still works.

I've tried disabling everything else in my program that has to do with right click menus and that didn't help so I'm thinking it has to do with the infoWindow itself.

Anyone else had this issue or know of a way to fix it or work around it (aside from just telling users to hit ctrl+c).

Thanks,
Jackson
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
YungKaiChin
Occasional Contributor
I never use the sampler viewer, but I think you should be able to copy and paste.

However, if all else fails, try to use (button or a link to run)
System.setClipboard(whatever.text)
0 Kudos
JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II
Hi YungKai Chin, thanks for the reply, but that doesn't quite answer what I was asking.  I'm just talking about the right click copy that is on the default menu in flex when you select text.  For some reason it isn't working inside my infowindow, although it works in other text areas.
0 Kudos
YungKaiChin
Occasional Contributor
I understand the issue, but I don't know the cause of the problem.

Two workarounds that I can think of are to use System.setClipboard and use a custom infoWindow.
0 Kudos