Select to view content in your preferred language

IdentifyTask stopped working after upgrade to Server 9.3.1

10-22-2010 04:55 AM
TyroneLigon
Occasional Contributor
OK, I know I'm a bit behind the times...I upgraded ArcGIS Server from 9.3 to 9.3.1, and I'm using the 1.2 version of the Flex API. My IdentifyTask request now fails every time with a 500 error code and a message: "Unable to perform identify. Please check your parameters.".

I ran the app in debug mode through FlexBuilder and took the identify parameter values and entered them in the "identify" web page of my map services; that query worked, so I know it's not a problem with the map service. In addition, I have another app based on the SFV, and the Identify widget has stopped working there, also.

Has anybody seen this before? Do I need to upgrade to the Flex 1.3 API?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Drew
by
Regular Contributor
I am running ESRI Flex API .1.2 on a AGS 10 server, so 9.3.1 should not be a problem..

I would "check your paramaters" 🙂

Here is a code dump of an identify params I am using that works against a 9.3.1 and 10 AGS map service

this._identifyParams = new IdentifyParameters();
this._identifyParams.layerOption = this.layerOption;                
this._identifyParams.returnGeometry = true;  
this._identifyParams.layerIds = Application.application.tocContainerControl.toc.GetVisibleLayerIDsInScaleRange();        
this._identifyParams.tolerance = 3;                
this._identifyParams.width = this._map.width;                
this._identifyParams.height = this._map.height;                
this._identifyParams.geometry = point;                
this._identifyParams.mapExtent = this._map.extent;                
this._identifyParams.spatialReference = this._map.spatialReference;   

If i had to guess your probably missing the spatial reference param.

Drew
0 Kudos
TyroneLigon
Occasional Contributor
Drew,

I have every one of those parameters in my code. I see you're running AGS v. 10; did your code work in AGS 9.3.1?

Another thing - instead of using IdentifyTask I tried constructing a URL to send to Server. If I added "f=json" I got the same error; if I took that parameter out of the URL I got HTML back, which is the default. If it was just the identify info I'd just use that response, but unfortunately it includes the form from the ArcGIS Services Directory layer identify page. This is detailed in the following ticket:

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2421&t=272512
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Regular Contributor
Tyrone,
I have used the same code on 9.3, 9.3.1 and 10 without any problems..

Have you examined the params being sent to the server using Firebug?
You might find your error digging down there..

Drew
0 Kudos