Select to view content in your preferred language

Help on passing text input from enhanced Spash Widget to enhanced Search Widget

02-22-2012 07:01 AM
AndreaGrygo
Emerging Contributor
I added 3 text inputs to the Splash Widget (code follows) and am referencing the "Flex Viewer Widget Communication Explained" PDF (Thank you Robert)
to pass the values to use in the links element of the eSearch Widget.
Are there changes to this document for use in 2.5?

The resulting URL will be like http://blahblahFirstName=fname&LastName=lname&email=email&ID=PROJNUM
Where fname, lname, and email are user entered data on the splash screen.  PROJNUM references a project number from the feature layer used by eSearch Widget.
The eSearch Widget is opened when the Viewer is launched. 
I'm getting stuck on what I need to include in the functions; any advice or resources would be very appreciated.  Thank you.

<s:Form>
   <s:layout>
    <s:FormLayout paddingLeft="150" gap="-14"/>

</s:layout>
   <s:FormItem label="First Name" textAlign="right">
    <s:TextInput id="fname" width="100%"/>
   </s:FormItem>
   <s:FormItem label="Last Name" textAlign="right">
    <s:TextInput id="lname" width="100%"/>
   <s:FormItem label="email" textAlign="right">
    <s:TextInput id="email" width="100%"/>
  </s:Form>
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrea,

You need to be sure to post Flex Viewer / Widget questions to the Flex Viewer forum, not here on the Flex API forum:

http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/111-ArcGIS-Viewer-for-Flex

You can pass data from the SplashWidget to the eSearch Widget as explained in the Flex Viewer Widget Communication Explained pdf. But from the sounds of it you are thinking you can use the eSearch URL search capability to take your data and build a url that will be searched by the eSearch and that is not going to work.

What you need to do is get an instance of the eSearch widget (as explained in the pdf) and call the public queryFromURL function from the splashwidget.
0 Kudos
AndreaGrygo
Emerging Contributor
Robert,
Sorry about the miss-posting. Thank you for your reply.

Andrea
0 Kudos