Select to view content in your preferred language

Google Streetview to open in a Widget Window instead of a Popup

06-02-2010 06:08 AM
BrendanCunningham
New Contributor
Hi,
I have successfully added the Google Streetview Widget to the Sample Flex Viewer, where the Streetview opens in a new Window. All is working well, but i'm not 100% satisfied about opening new windows from the application. Ideally I would like to keep the Streetview footage inside the Widget Menu.

For those who know the widget layout, there is a "Reactivate" button and little else. I would like the Streetview to open up inside this widget, under the Reactivate button.

I'm not entirely sure how to go about this so I'm asking if anyone has gone down this road. I have attached a screenshot of what i am hoping to add to the Sample Flex Viewer! the idea would be that a User can click on the top right to enlarge the Streetview image anyway.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Brendan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Brendan,

This would be possible using something like Flex iFrame but if I remember correctly the issue is more a violation of the google api usage. I vaguely recall that the Streetview had to be opened in a separate window than your application to be compliant.
0 Kudos
BrendanCunningham
New Contributor
Hi Robert,
Ahhhhhhh, good old Google T&C.
Thanks for the heads up about that. There is nothing wrong with the popup, I thought an embedded version would just look better. Thanks a lot for the code too, really appreciated.
Brendan
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
Take a look at this:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=dc56d2ab11534d24a5559ea9dc8f5119

Should be code in the app to show you how to use the IFrame.   Key component in directions is to set the wmode = direct, if you don't you will loose the roller wheel on your mouse in firefox.

Hope it helps,
Frank
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Occasional Contributor II
0 Kudos