Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when using integer domain values in eSearch 2.5.1.2

Jump to solution
02-14-2012 10:39 AM
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
I am having trouble using the domain option in the eSearch widget when using a feature class with a joined table. I can still use domains for any fields that are text, but if the domain is an integer it will not work. For example, our electric load flow models have area numbers and we want to show a name so we have used the following domains: [502:CLECO], [503:LAFA], etc.

I seem to be able to use these successfully when the table isn't joined, and can use pure text domains even when joined( ).

I am using fully qualified names and have my shape and Object ID fields visible in the service. Here is an expression example from my SearchWidget.xml file:

<expression alias="Transmission Owner" textserachlabel="Select TO..." field="SDE.Branches_ITPBASE_11SP.OWNER_1" usedomain="true">SDE.Branches_ITPBASE_11SP.OWNER_1 = '[value]'</expression>

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Justin
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

Now all you need to remember is to post to the Flex Viewer forum and not the Flex API forum:

http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/111-ArcGIS-Viewer-for-Flex

Your issue is actually very simple. You are using the wrong SQL statement in your expression. Having single quotes around [value] tells the SQL that you are looking for a string. If you remove the single quotes around the [value] you will be good to go.

<expression alias="Transmission Owner" textserachlabel="Select TO..." field="SDE.Branches_ITPBASE_11SP.OWNER_1" usedomain="true">SDE.Branches_ITPBASE_11SP.OWNER_1 = [value]</expression>

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check and to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

Now all you need to remember is to post to the Flex Viewer forum and not the Flex API forum:

http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/111-ArcGIS-Viewer-for-Flex

Your issue is actually very simple. You are using the wrong SQL statement in your expression. Having single quotes around [value] tells the SQL that you are looking for a string. If you remove the single quotes around the [value] you will be good to go.

<expression alias="Transmission Owner" textserachlabel="Select TO..." field="SDE.Branches_ITPBASE_11SP.OWNER_1" usedomain="true">SDE.Branches_ITPBASE_11SP.OWNER_1 = [value]</expression>

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check and to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:
0 Kudos