Select to view content in your preferred language

Editor info-window behavior in Mobile App

07-23-2012 04:42 AM
AaronNash
Deactivated User
Not sure if anyone has attempted to enable editing in a flex mobile application, but when you add a feature or edit attributes of a feature the info window it creates is significantly wider than in a web application. It goes off the screen, I am trying to set this up to work on a tablet. Please see the attached screen shot, any input would be appreciated

thanks,
  Aaron
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
HoomanMohammadpour
Deactivated User
Hi There,

Would you be able to share your information about how were you able to add the Editor to your mobile? I can't even get the Editor in my view, apparently it's relying on certain mx controls and does not compile. Would you be able to share your code?

Thanks,
Hooman
0 Kudos
MarkDeaton
Esri Contributor
I apologize for replying to a really old thread, but I'm having the same problem: the attribute editor panel stretches several screens to the left and to the right when it opens after a feature gets created.

I also was unable to use the editor component in a mobile project at first; then I added the mx.swc and sparkskins.swc libraries to my project and it compiled and ran.
0 Kudos
MarkDeaton
Esri Contributor
I can work around this partially like this:

application1_initializeHandler(event:FlexEvent):void {
[INDENT]editorComponent.attributeInspector.width = 300;[/INDENT]
}

This narrows the inspector panel to a usable size, but the edit field border is cut off on the right side.
0 Kudos
AaronNash1
Frequent Contributor
i never found a solution for this, moved on to something else. Sorry I can't help
0 Kudos