Select to view content in your preferred language

Clustering and Info Windows on Flares

09-01-2010 09:22 AM
Jimmy_James
New Contributor
I have two issues:

1) Is there a way to get a Graphic Layer's InfoWindow to work with the flares in Flare Symbols?

2) Any plans to support clustering by attribute (in addition to position)?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Take a look at Mansour's blog for clustering by attributes
0 Kudos
deleted-user-rQoEFM5qzbHE
Deactivated User
Do you know how I might go about implementing this into the Flex Viewer 2.0 API? I have used the config.xml to add map services we have created and want to use this clustering on one of our layers on top of ESRI's basemap. I tried something similar in the cluster sample, but it placed the layer underneath the basemap and I was sure about how to implement this on one of our layers. Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jimmy and Jeremy,

Here is Mansour's Attribute Clusterer code wrapped into a FlexViewer2.0 widget. Read the readme.txt for instructions.
0 Kudos
Deactivated User
Thanks, Robert. I will have to see if I can adjust this to more closely mimic the cluster sample for the API for Flex. We have a statewide layer of truck crashes, and at the state extent would like to cluster the points together and do something with the flare to show the distribution of types of crashes in the cluster. Then as you zoom in, the clusters are changed accordingly.

Thanks again for all your help.
0 Kudos
Deactivated User
Hey Robert,

I have been able to implement the widget you created for Mansour's clusterer. However, I think that the sample cluster for the API for FLEX will be more appropriate. We would like to have that run as soon as the map opens. Do you know how I might go about implementing their mxml into the existing framework of the Flex Viewer?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
KurtBarclay
Emerging Contributor
Jeremy,
I am trying to use the 'Viewer' and add a flare cluster widget.  It sounds like you might have already accomplished it.  If so, are you willing to share the widget/code; if not any recommendations on development.
Thanks,
Kurt
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
Emerging Contributor
Kurt, Jeremy, any luck with this?
0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves
Deactivated User
Hi,
was this ever updated to work with the most current Flex Viewer template (v 2.3)? There is no *.swf in the downloaded zip file....
0 Kudos