Select to view content in your preferred language

Can join attributes be viewed from Identify

Jump to solution
06-01-2012 07:37 AM
ChrisOwen
Occasional Contributor
ArcGIS for Flex 2.5 (uncompiled)
Flex Builder 4.6

I have a feature class in SDE which is joined to an SQL view from the same SDE database.  The view is created from a non spatial, linked SQL Server.  The join works fine in ArcMap and the service works from my development machine.  The problem is when I publish/build the flex map to the intranet, the join data is not displayed.

I have tried a number of different connections within the MXD.  Direct connect and services connection for the feature class, and direct connect, services connect and ODBC for the external table.

Has anyone successfully made a join work in using the flex map?

Also - I am using the Identify widget to control what fields get displayed.  I would also like to use the aliases:
<layers onlythese="true">

<layer>
      <name>Service Locations</name>
      <fields>Service Location ID,City Utilities Responsible Party,First Name,Last Name</fields>
      <linkfield></linkfield>
      <linkprefix></linkprefix>
      <linksuffix></linksuffix>
      <iconfield></iconfield>
      <iconprefix></iconprefix>
      <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
      <zoomscale>1000</zoomscale>
      <forcescale>true</forcescale>
    </layer>
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisOwen
Occasional Contributor
Update - my IE 9 web browser was not flushing the cache...I tested on another machine with IE 8 and it was working.  The join was successfully displayed from the flex map.

I am now using Firefox to test my flex web sites, which also works better than IE 9.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisOwen
Occasional Contributor
Update - my IE 9 web browser was not flushing the cache...I tested on another machine with IE 8 and it was working.  The join was successfully displayed from the flex map.

I am now using Firefox to test my flex web sites, which also works better than IE 9.
0 Kudos