Polygon Concentration

05-07-2018 09:58 AM
Md_Abdullah_All_Sourav
New Contributor
I have yield data of a field. Almost quarter million of polygons with the size of 30ft by 1.2ft representing the yield of the region. I have been asked to concentrate (dissolve) every 5 polygons, thus the result will be 30 ft by 6ft (1.2*5). The new polygon will contain the average yield of the old 5 polygons. I need to contrate them from left to right. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Are they in a sequential order within your attribute table? And if so, is the pattern left to right, left to right.

Are all 1/4 million fields in one table?

It would be quite simple to produce a sequential sum in groupings of 5 if that was the case.

There are several means, but clarification would help

Md_Abdullah_All_Sourav
New Contributor

Hi Dan, 

They are in sequential order in the attribute table and their location is from left to right (I might be wrong though). Can you please tell me how can I do the sequential sum in the grouping of 5?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The reason that I ask, is because each row may or may not be equally divisible by 5, so I wondered if there was a Row, Column indicator/key in the table to facilitate the groupings.  If you had a sample of the table, even a hundred rows or so, it would be easier to show you

0 Kudos
Md_Abdullah_All_Sourav
New Contributor

This is the problem we talked about in our meeting. There could be different polygons in each row. For the first pass of the harvester there could be 10000 points (later converted to polygons), may for the second pass, it could be 10003. They are inconsistency. I have attached the data here. I also provided details of the problem here.  

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I tried downloading the data from Box, but it says the file isn't available to me, so it looks like you need to update your permissions.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

me too... not part of that University... 

Just remove any sensitive fields and zip and attach, but not when you are responding to the message, you actually have to go back to your question directly

0 Kudos
Md_Abdullah_All_Sourav
New Contributor

Can you please check now. It's here

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Got it.... for others, make sure you delete the lock file before you try to use it

0 Kudos
Md_Abdullah_All_Sourav
New Contributor

I have deleted the lock file from the folder. 

0 Kudos