Trigger Animations By Attribute Changes?

09-21-2020 06:27 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

So I have a curious question in regards to changing animations based on attribute changes. I am working on a 3D project and I would like to enable different animations to trigger based on an attribute change in the 3D model. For example, and animation for an elevator as it changes floors in a facility. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Robert

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert, thanks for your question!  

We're currently not able to animate motion in Scene Viewer the way that you're describing.

For out-of-the-box configurable workflows, we are able to update a feature layer to represent a changing geometry, This would require the use of Geoevent Server to listen to a live feed, convert floor levels to elevation values in the feature's geometry and display the 'last known' location of the elevator in near-real time. 

Otherwise, the ArcGIS API for Javascript is capable of displaying movement/animations.  See this section of the API reference to see if it makes sense to develop something custom for this use case: 

ViewAnimation | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.16 

Phil 

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Philips for letting me know.

I wasn't sure if this capability existed or if there might be a work around for it. The reason being is that Geoevent only updates every 5 seconds at the max, at least as far as I remember, and I was looking for a way to show the transition a bit more smoothly. I figured that this isn't something available currently, but I think there might be some extraneous workarounds that might get me close. I will conduct some more research to see if there might be something that could make this possible.

Thank you very much for letting me know.

As for the Javascript API, I think that I could potentially show two separate animations, where one animation turns off as the other turns on. In terms of that trigger, I will conduct further research into the javascript platform to see if this could potentially be done as well.

-Robert

0 Kudos