Select to view content in your preferred language

problem of export from ArcScene to Sketshup

06-04-2010 01:06 AM
MissoumiAnés
Emerging Contributor
I try to understand why when I export from sketchup to ArcScene, some of my scene objects are not exported. thank you
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakubSisak
Honored Contributor
This is true.  What i do is to select just those objects that were not exported then export into new Sketchup model then copy and paste. I know, a crude solution. Another option is to export your model into CADD with ArcGIS then import into sketchup. (will probably need a Pro version of Sketchup for this)
The plugin was developed by Google so you will get no support on this from ESRI.
0 Kudos
MissoumiAnés
Emerging Contributor
Hi, the only output format possible from ArcScene is VRML. I don't know how to export to CAD. Is it need a plugin?
0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Honored Contributor
Hi, the only output format possible from ArcScene is VRML. I don't know how to export to CAD. Is it need a plugin?

ArcToolbox -> Conversion Tools -> To CAD -> Export to CAD
0 Kudos
MissoumiAnés
Emerging Contributor
I found another problem again.
I spend from ArcScene to 3DsMax through Sketchup.
it gives me a good result, and allow me to extract it in .3ds
in  3DsMa, I can not apply textures on the faces of buildings Sketchup. Is this normal?
Thank you
0 Kudos
MissoumiAnés
Emerging Contributor
can you give me the details of your method with cad, because I converted my layer and I i exported with sketchup. what height and elevation settings to choose at the export.
0 Kudos
CiprianNiculita
New Contributor
Hello,
I have some problems too when I export a 3D roof from ArcScene to Sketchup.
I have a shape file of a building roof and I extrude it in ArcScene applying a fixed value by "adding it to each feature's base height". Then when I export the extruded feature through Sketchup 5 plugin the result in Google Sketchup is only the roof of the building.
In the second case I try to use "extrude by field" option from the Sketchup plugin I get a building but the roof of the building is deformed . I insert an image with the results I get. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks !   
0 Kudos
MissoumiAnés
Emerging Contributor
hi, convert your SHP into SHP 3D, by use "3D Analyst" before export to Sketchup. good luck
0 Kudos