Multipatch joining attributes

07-24-2011 10:24 PM
JurajMalega
New Contributor II
Hi

Is possible to add some attributes from layer to multipatch?
I would like to use something like join data based on spatial location.
But it seems that spatial location join is not supported in multipatch...

any ideas??

thanks!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EricRice
Esri Regular Contributor
Greetings,

You can check if features are inside the multipatch using Inside 3D.  Use the create Complex Output Table (optional) parameter to identify the relationship between the features and multipatches through the creation of a Contain_ID field, which could later be used to do a standard table join.

Another workflow would be to run the MultiPatch Footprint tool to get 2d representations of the multipatches and use those polygons to do the spatial join. Then table join it back to the multipatch feature class.

Regards,
Eric
mgeguner
New Contributor

hello, I can't dissolve for multipatches, I want to merge geometries like merge in edit, but I can't do that in python. is there a way

0 Kudos
JurajMalega
New Contributor II
Greetings,

You can check if features are inside the multipatch using Inside 3D.  Use the create Complex Output Table (optional) parameter to identify the relationship between the features and multipatches through the creation of a Contain_ID field, which could later be used to do a standard table join.

Another workflow would be to run the MultiPatch Footprint tool to get 2d representations of the multipatches and use those polygons to do the spatial join. Then table join it back to the multipatch feature class.

Regards,
Eric

hello
thank you for respond...
but i realize that my multupatch is one file - i have one street in city like a one multipatche.
any ideas how to split it for single multipatches of each building? - i have no idea what can be the spliting feature or something like that.... because when i create a footprint it will be one polygon for street.
thanks,
Juraj
0 Kudos