Feature to 3D

09-05-2011 05:53 AM
YMahdy
by
New Contributor III
Hello,

I used to use the convert Feature to 3D tool under 3D Analyst toolbar in ArcGIS 9.3, now i'm using ArcGIS 10 and i cannot find any of the sub-menus used to be under the 3D Analyst toolbar except the option menu.

Any thoughts how can i find those menus in ArcGIS 10
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, with 10.0 there were some changes made to the 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst toolbars.

What happened to the Spatial Analyst toolbar?
Why are my Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst toolbars gray?

You can access that tool from ArcToolbox > 3D Analyst Tools > 3D Features > Feature to 3D by Attribute.
0 Kudos
JairoCordero
New Contributor III

Hello everyone.

I have ArcMap 10.0 with the Stereo Analysis extension which allowed me to convert a 2D shp file to 3D.

JairoCordero_0-1714056606825.png

For its conversion, it asked me to enter the TIN of the study area, and it was a success.

JairoCordero_3-1714057045987.png

Now I need to do the same in ArcGIS Pro 3.2, but I can't find that tool, and I get others that I've never used.

JairoCordero_2-1714056771103.png

The same ones that ask me for data that I don't have, for example: by attribute, it asks me to enter height fields to calculate, but I don't have that information in my GDB, like the other tool.

Maybe you could help me solve this problem on how to do it in ArcGIS Pro.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
TerryPavlis
New Contributor
It took me a couple hours to solve this and the reason is the morons at esri hid this tool.  The tool is still there you just have to find it!  You have to go to customize and search through the 3d analyst tools, then drag and drop it into your menu bar.  why esri chose to hide this, probably the most useful tool in 3d analyst, I'll never know.  but this is typical of esri;  I rant, but this pissed me off!
0 Kudos
RyanFanani
New Contributor
Hello,

I used to use the convert Feature to 3D tool under 3D Analyst toolbar in ArcGIS 9.3, now i'm using ArcGIS 10 and i cannot find any of the sub-menus used to be under the 3D Analyst toolbar except the option menu.

Any thoughts how can i find those menus in ArcGIS 10

you can Search in toolbox, the tool have a name "INTERPOLATE SHAPE"  🙂
0 Kudos