Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcScene Shutter Glass Stereo View using newer 3D hardware

06-28-2012 06:07 AM
ZacharyArcaro
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a question about viewing data in stereographic 3D in ArcScene.   I have a 3D monitor (Asus VG278), a 3D capable 3d Card (Quadro 4000) and shutter eye-wear (Nvidia 3D Vision 2).  The problem is that when I navigate to [View ->View Settings -> Stereo view preferences -> Shutter glass] I get the following message: "This stereo mode is not supported by the display."

Does anyone have experience getting a similar combination of hardware to work?  I have ArcScene 10.0 (build 3600) and the video card drivers (version 296.88) are 'partner certified' by ESRI.  It appears Arcscene is performing some simple test to (incorrectly) determine that my hardware is not 3D compatible but, considering that is is capable of displaying 3D, I should be able to remedy the situation somehow.  

Thank you
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharyArcaro
New Contributor
Hi,

I feel like I'm talking to myself but hopefully this thread might be helpful to others in the future.  At any rate, I was able to get stereo viewing enabled and I wanted to post what worked for me.  The key was to get the settings correct in the Nvidia control panel and then restart ArcScene.  The settings and steps taken allowed both ArcScene and Stereo Analyst (within ERDAS Imagine) to work.  See the attached images for details.
-Zac

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15934[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MaureenKerr
New Contributor III
Hi Zac

Just wanted to let you know you aren't talking to yourself.  You have saved me a lot of heartbreak with my 3D glasses THANKS A MILLION!!!! 😄

Maureen
0 Kudos
SilviaBeer
New Contributor
Hi,

we are using a GeForce GTX670 (driver version:320.18) on an ASUS 3D Monitor (VG278HE).
We encountered many problems and solved them with the manual in this post.

But we have one last problem:
We can't set our global 3D settings like it is shown in your picture 2.
We are missing all stereo and opengl features.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25302[/ATTACH]

We tested our drivers with opengl extensions viewer 4.0 and it seems that everything is all right.

It's possible to start stereoscopic view in the view settings within ArcScene but getting only one picture (no overlay). The second picture for the other eye is missing.

Does anybody has an idea what's wrong?

Kind regards,
Geowiwi
0 Kudos