Select to view content in your preferred language

How to display horizontal pipes connected to vertical pipes below the earth surface on map..

06-27-2018 10:50 AM
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi friends, am trying to display connections of pipeline which contains vertical & horizontal pipes in it... I have to connect both type of these pipes using URL of services....already able to display 3D vertical pipes below earth surface...

but am stuck at one point now..when am trying to display horizontal pipes cant able to display all of them..only few are displayed.. 

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions. I can explain more precisely.

Thank you in Advance

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Can we do it without ArcGIS pro..only using JS code.. I am not using PRO.. 

Do you think its not possible without PRO..   

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

if you have your xyz for your lines you can create a graphic, but I would recommend using a feature layer for performance reasons and if you have a number of these features you could use Pro to convert them to multipatch and use a 3D Object scene layer.

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

1. What is your input data? Points?

2. Are you trying to create underground lines from given points?

As Russ said, as long as you have the point coordinates (even if z values are just in the attributes) and you know which points should be connected to create a line, then you can create the graphics client side (see this sample: ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox)

The best would be to do this in ArcGIS Pro and publish it as a line feature layer. But seen the fact that you don't have ArcGIS Pro, then you can also do this in code on the client side (as long as you don't have too many lines, otherwise it might not be very performant).

0 Kudos
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Input data= polylines

Yes, am trying to create underground 3D cylindrical pipes using the

polylines

I have a data as service url..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Raluca,

As I said, I have service URL which having Z values in it. For

confirmation, I tried to open it in ArcGIS Map and its working there..

now am having issue to bring it in using JavaScript and to connect it with

vertical pipes..

So it became a complete Pipeline system.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

ok, got it now. More questions:

so you have lines with z values for end points, but the z values are not correct? and you have the correct z values in the attributes? I'm afraid that is a workflow that you can only do with ArcGIS Pro.

However, the image that you showed above in the SceneViewer can be done with the API if this is what you are looking for.

In the API you can only use an offset per feature, so I don't think that helps, unless you know by how much you need to lower the horizontal pipes. This is a sample that shows how to do that: Elevation options | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.7 

0 Kudos
Rocky_
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have Z values but not all correct...Yes am looking for how we embed the URL service with Z values.. I am able to embed it as it is.. only one horizontal layer, without Z value representation...

Thanks

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

A line has several z values, one for each vertex. That Arcade expression will not work for lines.

I assume you need to set new z values for each vertex on a line. You can't do that client-side, unless you recreate all the geometries, which is not optimal.

I would really recommend to correct the vertex z values in your desktop client (Pro or ArcMap, whatever you used to create the line geometry) and then to use the API only for visualization.

In case the feature service is editable, you could edit the z values using JavaScript by using applyEdits: FeatureLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.7  Like this you can change z values, and the next time you will visualize the layer, the newly set z values will be used.