Having trouble getting Survey123 to edit existing forms after enabling in 'Inbox' settings in Survey123 Connect.

02-10-2020 05:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello-

My workflow involves editing existing Survey123 forms that are being published off a feature service.  I have the Inbox setup (Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation ) to allow for editing surveys but when I access the survey (using pop-up in Explorer to link to Survey record) and submit, it creates a new record.  Is there anything I need to do to enable updates (only reference I saw in doc/GeoNet refers to 'Repeats'; Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation  - Editing existing records is disabled by default unless allowUpdates=true is enabled through a query parameter).

Any ideas on how to setup Survey123 Connect/feature service to allow updating of existing Survey123 records would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Eric-

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

Did you mean that you would like to edit the existing survey using URL link? If so, we do have an existing enhancement request submitted for this scenario as currently it's not supported yet.

ENH-000107611 

Provide the option for a Survey123 survey called outside of the application with the 'arcgis-survey123://?itemID=' Custom URL Scheme to open the 'Inbox' menu by default instead of the 'Collect' menu

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Shwu-jing-

Thanks for the info - you are correct; passing the URL from pop-up configure in webmap per these instructions:
https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche... 
...when the URL link calls Survey123 from Explorer, the form opens and editing is allowed but a new feature gets created (sounds like the enhancement description you referenced).
I'll send to support to add to the enhancement list.

Thanks again-

Eric-

0 Kudos