Editing a layer in modelbuilder

10-11-2019 07:08 AM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have created 3 models in mobelbuilder to accomplish one task. However I would like to do away with the 3 separate models and just combine all into one model. The problem I am having is I can't get the second part of the model to work unless I add the shapefile I edited in the first part of the model back into the map. The message it is giving me is 'All inputs are not current'. I am trying to use the Select Layer by Attribute tool.

How can I keep all inputs current so the model doesn't quit after the first step?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

In the model builder you can click on the drop down menu for file and export the model as a python script.  I have found a number of processes work faster and better if you make the model into a script. I have had a number of models that would not work at all, but did when I made python out of them.

SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am running the model now as I type with my address feature as a feature class and it seems like it is working. I still see the address layer in the map when I didn't when it was a shapefile.

Thank you!

0 Kudos