Named user log in with oAuth2 using the REST API

Jump to solution
09-16-2019 10:58 PM
ChristopherMugdan
New Contributor III

I have been searching for the method to use to obtain named user tokens (as opposed to app sign in) with the oAuth2 mechanism in the REST API but I have not found anything about it. The pages I found on the Esri site referred to it but did not describe it. Currently I am using the generateToken method.

Can anyone direct me to some useful documentation?

Cheer,s
Chris Mugdan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi Christopher Mugdan‌, would you be able to kindly mark the answer as correct if the answer helps to answer your question so that it may assist others in the future. This will also move the question into the "answered" bucket.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi,

OAuth2 Root—ArcGIS REST API: Users, groups, and content | ArcGIS for Developers 

which uses the standard oauth2 workflow.  there are alot of articles on OAuth 2 and their principles will apply.

for example - https://itnext.io/an-oauth-2-0-introduction-for-beginners-6e386b19f7a9 

Hope that helps

ChristopherMugdan
New Contributor III

Hi Victor,

Thanks very much for the response. Having perused the documentstion I have decided that our application cannot use the oAuth2 mechanism and we shall be staying with the generateToken request.

Cheers,
Chris Mugdan

VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi Christopher Mugdan‌, would you be able to kindly mark the answer as correct if the answer helps to answer your question so that it may assist others in the future. This will also move the question into the "answered" bucket.

Thanks