Point feature not showing is collector in IOS

06-27-2019 04:00 PM
RayDodd
New Contributor

I created a point shapefile feature in collector that when I mark it on my Iphone it doesnt show up but it will be there on Arcmap online and when I look at the map in my Samsung tablet.   

0 Kudos
14 Replies
deactivated-user-ChrisBeaudett
New Contributor III

If I'm understanding the issue correctly, we are seeing the same thing:  when we have a point feature class in a web map where we do -not- change the symbology from the default symbology published with the feature service, i.e. we are not setting the symbology in the web map layer, then the point features do not show up in Collector v19.0.1.  We are using Collector on iOS devices, v11.x and 12.x.

If you set the symbology in the web map then it works around the issue, but this seems like a bug with Collector.

deactivated-user-ChrisBeaudett
New Contributor III

Also we submitted a ticket with Esri support for this issue.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Zg_AYX77jYPg
New Contributor

Hi Ray, 

I also had this problem, after a few weeks of trouble shooting I had no luck of fixing it. The feature service that I am referring to is published through the ArcGIS Server and I had set up the symbology in an mxd prior to publishing it.  Today, I simply changed the symbology of the feature service in ArcGIS Online with similar symbology and this fixed the problem.  

JaredSemtner
New Contributor II

We had this same setup and I first tried adjusting the icon/symbology and saving the web map. That didn't work so I republished the service and it began working. It definitely seems like an iOS Collector app issue because it displayed fine in all AGOL webmaps/apps and the Windows Collector app prior to the fix.

BobWheeler
Occasional Contributor

We just started to experience the same issues where the point features are in layer control, but not visible within Collector.  The webmap and within Web AppBuilder are working fine.  Adjusting the symbol within the webmap and saving reflects corrects within Collector now.  We are on iphones/ipads with iOS 12 and Collector 19.1.0 build 2666

0 Kudos
BobWheeler
Occasional Contributor

esri fix for this point to install a patch on your AGS server - https://support.esri.com/en/download/7726 

0 Kudos
ChristopherVandrey
New Contributor

Just jumping in to say we're experiencing the same thing.  Feature layer points do not show in Collector or Explorer on mobile.  The same question / issue has been posted in other discussions but I can't figure out if ESRI has put out a patch yet.  Any info is appreciated.

0 Kudos
DuliniRatnayake1
New Contributor II

We are having the same problem with polygon layer. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
katshier
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same issue with a point layer not appearing in iOS Collector 19.2.0 or above but displays as expected in Android 18.0.3. Editing the symbology of the layer in the webmap seems to be a workaround but I haven't found a response from ESRI anywhere? 

0 Kudos