Select to view content in your preferred language

Data Drive Pages/Map Series in Map Tab

05-21-2019 08:54 AM
BlaineHackett2
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I use ArcMap often with Data Drive Pages to help perform manual change detection.  It works really well in the ArcMap data view to move along a grid methodically.  When creating the map series in ArcPro, it seems that only works in the Layout Tab and does not afford me the same functionality.  Am I missing something or is that the only way it works in ArcPro?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Blaine, 

In ArcGIS Pro the Map Series is defined for the Layout. A Map Series cannot be "linked" to a map view. 

If you are simply using the index layer to move about the Map View (as opposed to doing the same thing in the Layout View) you can open a Table View of the index layer, dock it next to the Map View, right click the index layer feature you want to zoom to, right-click and choose "Zoom To".

Hope this helps, 

Tom

BlaineHackett2
Emerging Contributor

Hi Tom! Yes, thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, not as quick as the data driven maps solution.  However, I have found a work around.  You can create Bookmarks in the Layout Tab and use them in the Map Tab.  So I was able to use a similar workflow.  However, there is no way to export Bookmarks from Pro as you can from ArcMap so I am kinda stuck there.  Another topic for another day!

Best Regards,

Blaine

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The ability to export bookmarks will be in ArcGIS Pro 2.4, which will be available in about a month or so: https://community.esri.com/ideas/12759-exportimport-bookmarks-in-arcgis-pro

0 Kudos