Data Drive Pages/Map Series in Map Tab

05-21-2019 08:54 AM
BlaineHackett2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I use ArcMap often with Data Drive Pages to help perform manual change detection.  It works really well in the ArcMap data view to move along a grid methodically.  When creating the map series in ArcPro, it seems that only works in the Layout Tab and does not afford me the same functionality.  Am I missing something or is that the only way it works in ArcPro?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Blaine, 

In ArcGIS Pro the Map Series is defined for the Layout. A Map Series cannot be "linked" to a map view. 

If you are simply using the index layer to move about the Map View (as opposed to doing the same thing in the Layout View) you can open a Table View of the index layer, dock it next to the Map View, right click the index layer feature you want to zoom to, right-click and choose "Zoom To".

Hope this helps, 

Tom

BlaineHackett2
New Contributor II

Hi Tom! Yes, thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, not as quick as the data driven maps solution.  However, I have found a work around.  You can create Bookmarks in the Layout Tab and use them in the Map Tab.  So I was able to use a similar workflow.  However, there is no way to export Bookmarks from Pro as you can from ArcMap so I am kinda stuck there.  Another topic for another day!

Best Regards,

Blaine

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The ability to export bookmarks will be in ArcGIS Pro 2.4, which will be available in about a month or so: https://community.esri.com/ideas/12759-exportimport-bookmarks-in-arcgis-pro

0 Kudos