Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online - Time enabled raster display problem

02-28-2019 01:54 AM
RonnieMa1
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I was working on a time enabled raster, which I created some interpolated surfaces from dummy point data. When I view the data using ArcGIS Pro, the time-enabled data can be viewed appropriately -- where the surface changes over time. However, when I publish my data to ArcGIS Online and 10.6 Portal, the surface cannot be viewed as appropriate. On the contrary, the time-enabled points can be viewed properly.

Link to my sample time-enabled web map:

http://arcg.is/v9a8O 

I have also tried to follow the steps in:

Time Enabled Image Service 

I once used a MODIS dataset in the following link and the data is displayed properly:

World/MODIS (ImageServer)  

Any suggestions to how I may debug or fix my data?

Thanks,

Ronnie

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

What do you see in your REST service description? I'm curious to see what the value is for the timeinfo property.

Did you enable time on the Mosaic Dataset itself - that is, did you set that in its properties?

0 Kudos
RonnieMa1
Emerging Contributor

Yes that is a fair point. Please see the timeinfo properties below. I have also tried to enable time in the dataset itself (i.e. through Catalog, but it's not working properly.

"timeInfo" : {
"startTimeField" : "Date",
"endTimeField" : null,
"trackIdField" : null,
"type" : "field",
"timeExtent" : [ 1546272000000, 1546617600000 ],
"timeReference" : {
"timeZone" : "China Standard Time",
"respectsDaylightSaving" : false
},
"timeInterval" : 1,
"timeIntervalUnits" : "esriTimeUnitsUnknown",
"exportOptions" : {
"useTime" : true,
"timeDataCumulative" : false,
"timeOffset" : null,
"timeOffsetUnits" : null
},
"hasLiveData" : false
},

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

What do you mean its not working properly in ArcCatalog?

Let's take a step back - does time show correctly on the client-side (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro)?

0 Kudos
RonnieMa1
Emerging Contributor

Oh, sorry I should have been more clear. On ArcGIS Pro, I am able to update the time properties. Data can be viewed properly in both ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap10.6.

On the other hand, using ArcMap 10.6 and ArcGIS Pro I tried to publish my data to Portal but it says that I do not have Image Server Extension available. From my understanding, raster data can only be hosted on Enterprise and not in AGOL. So, does web tile layer support viewing time-enabled rasters? If it doesn't, then perhaps I should look at Image Server Extension instead.

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

That may be your problem - you need an Image Server license to publish a Mosaic Dataset either as a Map Service or an Image Service: How To: Publish a mosaic dataset to ArcGIS Server 

0 Kudos
RonnieMa1
Emerging Contributor

Okay, thanks Earl. I'll further look into the problem.

Ronnie

0 Kudos