Open Data orphaned items that cannot be removed

09-07-2017 10:05 AM
PeggyFung
New Contributor II

I had previously shared 7 feature services and several document url items on ArcGIS Online to the Open Data group. We then decided not to share any non feature service type items, and removed sharing on all document url items (these were links to zip files).

I am finding 2 document url items have been left on the Open Data site. I have tried:-

• Unsharing - no change
  • Deleting the items on ArcGIS Online - no change
  • Updating the index - no change (in fact I do not see it in the list of items to re-index)
  • Unassign the Open Data group in group manager and changed the group from public to private (see this post). I then reversed this order to enable the group as public and re-assigned to Open Data in group manager - no change

I'm not sure what else I need to do. I have seen other posts of people providing links to the dataset on Open Data / ArcGIS Online, and esri is able to somehow delete these orphaned records, but since I have already deleted these items on ArcGIS Online, I do not have any links to provide.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I converted this to a questions since they typically get more views than a discussion.  I'll also tag https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline?sr=search&searchId=a16af4fd-2371-4dc8-...‌ and https://community.esri.com/groups/data-community?sr=search&searchId=5aaefbd3-7b92-4655-ba29-c601d1f3...‌ for more exposure (and HUB is fairly new and may not have many followers yet).

Have you put in a tech support ticket for this?  I'm wondering if they may need to look at your setup in particular. 

0 Kudos
PeggyFung
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for increasing the exposure of this post- I haven't put a tech support ticket in for this yet, as similar posts seemed to get some response, but I may have to do go that route...

Courtney Claessens was very helpful with resolving Tom Casady's similar issue with the orphaned data, perhaps she can help me too.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Peggy, 

I understand the items are deleted from ArcGIS Online, and you don't have those URLs to provide. Are you able to provide the URLs that appear in your open data site? I can take a look if it's public. 

Courtney 

0 Kudos
PeggyFung
New Contributor II

Hi Courtney,

They were created as document url items on ArcGIS Online, so there are no urls off the Open Data site, it simply launches a save as dialog to save the zip file - if I hover over the link on the data catalogue page, it just provides a link to the zip file that is hosted on our web servers. Also please note that our open data site at the moment is private.

I have attached a screenshot of the two datasets, which shows the direct download link on the bottom left when I mouse hover over the item.

Thank you

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Thanks Peggy. Can you please share your site url? It's ok that it's private. Feel free to DM or email me. 

0 Kudos
PeggyFung
New Contributor II

Hi Courtney,

I was not able to DM as you're not following me; what is your email address?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Ah - I'll see if I can change that setting! My email is cclaessens@esri.com

0 Kudos