Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing mxd file automatically using python

06-20-2017 01:32 PM
PhiliposMelake
Deactivated User

Hello

I have ARC 10.3 in my desktop . I am trying to publish mxd file automatically using python script , i used similar code posted in this thread. But it is showing error , unless i signed in manually through the ARCmap, it wont publish the map. The error is as follows

ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000732: Server: Dataset My Hosted Services does not exist or is not supported
WARNING 001404: You are not signed in to ArcGIS Online.
Failed to execute (UploadServiceDefinition).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Philipos,

Can you post which thread you are referring to that had the existing Python code?

Was it perhaps this one: Python and Publishing to AGO for Organisations and My Hosted Services does not exist 

(if not, take a look).

Some info: Take a look at the Esri support error message article on your error message:

Error: 000732: Dataset does not exist or is not supported 

And then maybe take a look at this thread which has some coding ideas to get around this error:

ERROR 000732 View does not exist or unsupported after 10.3 upgrade 

One more thread to look at about signing into ArcGIS Online:

https://community.esri.com/thread/187734-warning-001404-you-are-not-signed-in-to-arcgis-online 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

oh, and just for giggles, I like this help idea:

001404: You are not signed in to ArcGIS Online.—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
PhiliposMelake
Deactivated User

Howdy Adrian

I was referring to this thread https://community.esri.com/thread/70855 

I am trying to publish a  map document to AGOL every 12 hrs by setting  up the python code to task schedule.  The mxd map gets published but this only happens if i am only signed in acrmap.  The problem is after some time the arcmap signs out and unless i sign in back manually ,when i try to publish it shows error mentioned in the original question.

The code i am using is posted in the above thread. Is there some way to stay signed in for ever or a python script to sign in in to ArcMAp

0 Kudos