Trouble accessing the ArcGIS module

05-01-2017 09:42 AM
AylaPerry1
New Contributor

I've been struggling with installing and accessing the runtime SDK for iOS package in my Xcode files. For a brief 10 minutes I successfully got the import ArcGIS command to work properly, then I changed something and now it's not working anymore. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ayla Perry,

Which version of iOS are you working with? Is it a 10.2.5 or 100.0? 

If it is 100.0, follow this:

----------------------------

I would recommend you can try to install our SDK by using CocoaPods. Have you followed our documentation about how to install the SDK?

Install and set up—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers 

I assume you are using the manual way to install the SDK, then the tricky part is make sure the ArcGIS resource bundle point to the right path in your mac. Please check this part in our online install page:

Add ArcGIS resource bundle 

-----------------------------

If it is 10.2.5 follow this:

------------------------------

Install and set up—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers 

Add dependencies 

Hope this can help.

0 Kudos
AylaPerry1
New Contributor

I am using 100.0, and I have followed the manual way. It worked for a short amount of time and then stopped working. I am unfamiliar with CocoaPods so I haven't tried that way. The documentation wasn't very clear for me. 

Thanks for your help though!

0 Kudos
Brent_Michalski
New Contributor

If you just install the SDK via CocoaPods, it does NOT find the bundle.  The script is still looking for it in the users Library directory...

error: /Users/brent/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/Frameworks/Static/ArcGIS.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/ArcGIS.bundle: No such file or directory

0 Kudos
GagandeepSingh
Occasional Contributor II

Do you mean the import statement is returning an error? Or the map is not rendering?

0 Kudos
AylaPerry1
New Contributor

the import statement is returning an error saying no module found. I've found a solution by adding the ArcGIS.framework directly to my project, via file > add files to 'project' > navigating to where I have the SDK stored and adding the ArcGIS.framework file. I've also added the ArcGIS.bundle, but adding the framework seemed to remedy the error message. 

0 Kudos