Ability to Auto Populate Data-Time fields in AGOL

Jump to solution
09-05-2016 01:48 PM
AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II

Hi There,

I was wondering if someone knew of away to auto-populate the data-time field when editing a feature in AGOL out-of-the-box (OOTB)? 

Example is:

During a Civil Defence Event we would require our Emergency Operating Centre Staff to login to a map and then begin editing data as it is received. 

Currently the Web App is setup to use the "Smart Editor" widget, you click on the road segment to begin editing the attribute information:

What would be useful is to have the Updated At automatically populated with today's date and time.

Is anyone aware of a way to do this

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

If you check the option 'Keep track of who created and last updated features' on the feature service, the date/time and editor will be updated automatically.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

couldn't find anything in the basic help Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

nor could I find anything about auto-populating fields in https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=404c4c56-7ec8-42bc-9b56-2a4e8a6...

but that doesn't mean there isn't something in the developers section, which I didn't explore.

AndrewHansford

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for this, I have raised an Idea to see if it gets traction

Ability to Auto Populate fields in AGOL

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Hi Andrew,

If you check the option 'Keep track of who created and last updated features' on the feature service, the date/time and editor will be updated automatically.

AndrewHansford

Hi Jake,

Thanks for this, I will change these settings and see how I get on

Cheers

0 Kudos
KathrynCliftonGIS
New Contributor III

Hi Jake.  Just saw this post.  What are the names of the fields that are automatically updated?  I am using the schema for the Citizen Problem Reporter crowdsource application, and there is a "Date Submitted" field, but that is not automatically updated.  Wondering what field names I should add so that they are automatically updated.  Thanks!

Kathryn Clifton, GISP, PLS
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

After you enable editor tracking 4 new fields will be created:

Creator

CreateDate

Editor

EditDate

You will have to go into the pop-up configuration and toggle these fields on to see them.