Welcome to the New ArcGIS for AutoCAD Group

08-22-2014 02:41 PM
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

This is the start of the ArcGIS for AutoCAD Group.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
MatthewFallau
New Contributor III

Is it possible to attach a drawing or zipped folder here?  If not is there an email where it can be sent?

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

dkuehne@esri.com should work.

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

I seemed to work fine for me (at least what you sent me).  I am thinking perhaps the feature service capabilities you are working with didn't have the curves turned on?  (worth a check).

Capabilities.png

Here are the features (zoomed in) from my server...

FeatureCurves.png

0 Kudos
MatthewFallau
New Contributor III

Does object data within the original CAD entities have any affect on feature services?  Some of the CAD entities within the local feature classes that were utilized contain MAP3D object data.  I'm curious if this would create the Error in  QueryFeatureData?  From my understanding ARCGIS FOR AUTOCAD reads xrecords and not objectdata tables.

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

No, the object data would/should have no effect.  I suspect it has something to do with the geometry.  I am seeing the same thing with the expanded data set you sent.   Looking into why...

0 Kudos
KarlWilson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Matthew,

The reason you are not seeing all your features in AutoCAD is because when the "QueryFeatureData" error occurs it stops the synchronization process dead in its tracks. You only get the features that have loaded up to that point.

You may find this thread useful:

�??Error in QueryFeatureData�?� ,

Regarding geometry, I have had many issues with true curves, especially ellipses. You may find this thread useful:

https://community.esri.com/message/58702#58702

I'm still struggling with both issues today.

Karl

0 Kudos
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor

I am new to using this, I am trying to use feature services and edit in AutoCAD. Some layers work fine, others give this error "Errors encountered in adding extracted features to drawing". I have public test services that you can look at -

http://prdgis.bartwest.com/arcgis/services

Use the services in the Testing folder.

Thanks!

Robert Meier

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Thanks for providing the test service, that is extremely helpful.  looking into it...

0 Kudos