How to Export created application?

Jump to solution
09-05-2014 11:16 AM
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Everyone,

I am having trouble understanding how my application could be exported after I'm done customizing it through the ESRI Web App Builder. I checked and in some of the videos there was an option to Export it as a web map template, which I don't have (see image). Also, I'm not able to see any of the source codes through the ESRI Web App Builder. I currently have ArcBasic. Are these features only available on the ArcStandard and higher?

Is there a work around for this? Would I have to download the app after I'm done configuring it, widgets and all, and then add it through AGOL for it to be available?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Because that was Beta 1 and it does not exist in Beta 2. Likely because this capability is being re-worked as it is be integrated into 10.3 portal.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chuck,

Once you are finished configuring your app in WAB then you click that download link this will give you a zipfile with the WAB stemApp that you can then dove tot your web server to host.

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

I am a bit confused about how the whole process works. Would you mind walking me through it?

I downloaded the zip file and extracted it to a folder, which I then moved this folder to my server folder:

localhost/arcgis

Am I getting this right?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No,
You are using the developer version of WAB which means that you are someone that wants to use WAB in a standalone situation and then deploy your configured apps to your web server (not to your ArcGIS Server). So what you have to do is add the unzipped files to your IIS or what ever flavor of web server you are using. Are you familiar with deploying a web site to your web server? If not then you really need to contact your IT people and get them involved.

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

Ok, so I got the unzipped file to my web server folder, which is named "arcgis". How would I be able to add the web app template onto ArcGIS Online for usage?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chuck,

Adding the app as a template for AGOL usage is a totally different story. There was a powerpoint for this in Beta 1, but I can not find it for Beta 2 or remember the steps for doing this.

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

I found the video that show how to do this. In the video, the presenter was able to obtain the JSON by clicking on "Export as Webmap App Template." I guess my next question would be, do you know why I don't have this option?

Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Because that was Beta 1 and it does not exist in Beta 2. Likely because this capability is being re-worked as it is be integrated into 10.3 portal.

ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

Oh I see. So, is there a way for me to get the JSON configuration for the web app template?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Not that I am aware of. You will just have to wait till 10.3 is released.

0 Kudos