How to refresh quantile class breaks automatically?

02-15-2011 07:27 AM
BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor
I have an mxd automatically pulling from a data table that refreshes a quantitative choropleth symbology using 4 classes.  The quartile classes need to be refreshed each time.  I've been doing it manually by changing the classes from 4 to 5 and back to 4.  I would like to automate the entire production of this map but can't figure out how to refresh the class breaks preferably using model builder and python in ArcGIS.  Does anyone have an idea how?  Thanks.  Brian
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JanJelenek
New Contributor
Hi.

I have similar problem. I would like to apply quantile classification in the model builder to random raster. The problem is, that whether I use any *lyr file, it would apply the quantile breaks of that lyr. But I need the model to compute the quantile breaks for any raster which comes through the model builder chain.
Also, related to this. If I use a lyr file, it only works for the subsequent drawing in ArcMap. I need then to transfer the quantile breaks automatically into the Reclassify tool in the Model builder. So, basically to enable the Model access the Symbology/Classification of the rater.

Thank you for any help,

cheers,

Jan
0 Kudos