Architecture / Block diagram editor

07-30-2018 10:57 PM
ABHISHEK_SINDAL
New Contributor III

It would be great if Esri can provide an editor with all icons of various products. Using this editor users would be able to create their own architecture / block diagram while planning for an enterprise level system design. 

It would also facilitates various checks before finalising the diagram, so there won't be any scope for errors such as  component "A" cannot be connected with component "B" and so on.

It would help users to produce similar diagram as Esri does, so there will be similarities always and standards will be maintained. Otherwise we always need to copy-paste icons for creating the diagram. 

1 Comment
ChelseaRozek

I was just about to make a related idea. A downloadable library of ESRI icons would be invaluable for use in architecture diagramming and training presentations. There is a discussion thread here: https://community.esri.com/thread/195714-arcgis-icon-library-for-architecture Right now I hodge podge together ESRI product logos, IT architecture icons, and images from the software when presenting at conferences, brainstorming new enterprise setups, and educating my users on ESRI's offerings. It would be great if there were standardized, vector icons that would help, as Steven says in the thread, with buy-in of the (GIS/ESRI) concept.