Business case: Multiple users maintain a source dataset outside of ArcGIS Online (AGO). The dataset is published to AGO as a hosted feature service (hfs) via ArcMap. Edits to the source data require that the hfs be updated using the overwrite publishing option.
The workflow to create the original hosted feature service (hfs):
- Publish hfs from ArcMap to AGO
- Edit source data in ArcMap
- re-Publish hfs from ArcMap using overwrite option.
Problem: Only the owner of the hfs can overwrite the hfs in AGO.
Currently the only options I can think of – which I consider cumbersome, not ideal, and workarounds at best are:
- Change ownership of the content to facilitate another user overwriting (this may require user to have additional privileges - cumbersome and not ideal)
- Share credentials for an account that owns the content that multiple people need to be able to overwrite (again – not ideal and a workaround at best)
Related ideas on Geonet: