- Who is this program designed for?
- Who is this program not designed for?
- What is included in this program?
- Is support included with this program?
- If a student participated in the program ending August 31, will the existing account be rolled into the one-year program?
- How will student eligibility be determined?
- Should I register for this program or for an ArcGIS Trial?
- What happens after the program ends?
Who is this program designed for?
This program is designed for higher education students learning ArcGIS independently (outside of a formal course). It provides access to ArcGIS and self-paced learning resources for self-initiated learning anywhere and at any time. It is primarily for students attending a college/university that is not currently an Esri customer and therefore cannot provide ArcGIS access to its students.
This program is also designed for students who, because of COVID19 college/university closures, are not able to access to ArcGIS through their institution’s existing license.
The program aims at extending access for students who wish to start or supplement their learning of geospatial technology and enhance their skills and knowledge, better preparing them when applying for jobs. With this program, Esri commits to helping all students acquire new skills needed for the digital economy.
Who is this program not designed for?
This program is not for students who have access to ArcGIS through their college/university. The program is not a replacement for an Education Institution Agreement, Academic Department License, or Administrative Use Department License. Institutions should maintain their licenses, which include additional benefits and additional products.
For any formal learning as part of a course/degree program, research, or operational use, access to ArcGIS should be provided by the institution. Therefore, students who wish to obtain access to ArcGIS for course work, research or operations, should check with their institutions and leverage their college/university licensing.
What is included in this program?
This one-year non-renewable program includes at no cost:
- (Noncommercial use) ArcGIS Online organizational account (equivalent to publisher role) including access to Essential Apps, Field Apps, and Office Apps
- (Noncommercial use) ArcGIS Pro desktop software and ArcGIS Pro extensions (Note: This program does not include ArcMap.)
- (Noncommercial use) ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Insights software
- Access to all Learn ArcGIS resources and selected Training Services resources (Note: This program does not include access to courses requiring maintenance.)
- 500 ArcGIS Online service credits
Is support included with this program?
Support will be provided by the Learn ArcGIS team and the student community via a forum. Further details will be provided in the coming weeks. (Note: This program does not include access to Esri Technical Support.)
If a student participated in the program ending August 31, will the existing account be rolled into the one-year program?
- No. This is a brand new program and interested students will have to register starting September 1.
- The Learn ArcGIS Team will provide a path for students who believe they are eligible for the ArcGIS Learn Student Program to move content from an account closing on August 31 into into the new account. Only students who indicate interest will be granted this path. Further details will be provided in the coming weeks.
How will student eligibility be determined?
Esri will require students to provide a valid school e-mail address and/or enrollment documentation to confirm eligibility. Further details will be provided in the coming weeks.
Should I register for this program or for an ArcGIS Trial?
- ArcGIS Trials provide access to ArcGIS for 21 days for evaluating software before purchase.
- This program provides access to ArcGIS for one year and resources to support learning.
We strongly recommend students register for the Learn ArcGIS Student program because it provides extended access to software, more learning materials, and a community of learners.
What happens after the program ends?
Students who want to continue using ArcGIS can:
- Purchase a low-cost ArcGIS for Student Use license.
- Participate in the university’s institutional licensing program.