Every year, in preparation for Esri’s annual User Conference, Jack Dangermond asks managers across the company to prepare Questions and Answers of concern to their user communities. We reached out to you and your peers, and have worked to provide thoughtful answers to each question. The entire set of hundreds of “2017 Esri UC Q&As” in 49 categories was published on June 26th.
The 2017 answers for our industry, addressing the unique workflows and challenges of national mapping and charting, can be found by clicking the National Mapping link under the Industries heading in the left-hand menu.
- Esri's ArcGIS enables secure and quick delivery of your authoritative information to key stakeholders, anywhere, anytime, and on any device, empowering evidence-based decision making across government and industry.
- The ArcGIS platform enables you to optimize efficiency, reduce costs, and increase accuracy while maintaining your authoritative data.
- Esri provides solutions for national mapping, defense mapping, maritime charting and bathymetry and aviation charting and airports information management.
- ArcGIS empowers you to automate and streamline your workflows to collect and manage quality information once and produce many authoritative information products, allowing you to be more efficient and cut costs.
- Esri's ArcGIS supports National Mapping organizations' imagery workflows for analysis, management, analytics, and ortho mapping.
- ArcGIS is an effective platform for national governments to manage their modern, secure, and efficient production environments for national mapping, statistics, and imagery content, and other national geospatial authority organizations.
Look deeper in this resource to understand Esri’s road map for products. You can also learn a great deal more about this year’s event and how to make the most of your time at the UC.
Here are some of the answers with the most visits so far:
- Can you share with me the future of the ArcGIS Desktop technology?
- What is the meaning of this year’s User Conference Theme: Applying the Science of Where?
- What emerging trends are influencing Esri’s GIS work?
- How is Esri doing?
- Can you share some of the GIS usage trends Esri is seeing among users this year?
We hope to see you at the UC! Visit this link to see the UC 2017 Industry Flier for National Mapping Events and Activities. Be certain to visit our Industry area in the UC Expo.
If you’re unable to attend, be sure to check GeoNet for live blogging of the plenary session and daily updates from the event.