Select to view content in your preferred language

Review branch recovery versions after upgrading an enterprise geodatabase

08-10-2024 07:19 PM
ShareUser
Esri Community Manager
0 0 85

The issue is a result of how the branch versioning metadata is maintained during save edits, reconcile and post. During these operations, branch versioning metadata may be removed from the geodatabase. When the branch version metadata is incorrectly removed, features may not correctly participate in future operations such as reconcile, post and delete version, resulting in inconsistent data. This issue occurred under race conditions where competing requests caused branch versioning metadata to be incorrectly removed for valid features.

Operations executing against incorrect branch versioning metadata could lead to:

• Branch versioned data referencing a version which has since been deleted, and,
  • Branch versioned data referencing a moment before the common ancestor moment.

These system table inconsistencies are prevented and corrected in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 and the ArcGIS Server Branch Versioning Data Consistency Patch.

Read the full article at support.esri.com

How To: Review Branch Recovery Versions after Upgrading an Enterprise Geodatabase (support.esri.com)

About the Author
Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | 30 years' experience | www.linkedin.com/in/mmarquesbr | I have worked with Esri Technology since 1992, and I have been working with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997 when the Geodatabase was first released. | " a successful Enterprise ArcGIS application deployment starts with a strong physical database design and best database administration practices" | " I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov |