We’re excited to announce that the technology platform behind the GeoNet community will be changing in 2020, which will bring a new community user experience, features, and design to GeoNet, The Esri Community.
- GeoNet, The Esri Community platform is changing in the second half of 2020. As of now, there are no anticipated interruptions to the community that are related to the update. You can continue to use GeoNet as usual.
- Follow the GeoNet Lounge. The GeoNet Team will provide communication here to inform you about the new platform.
- See the GeoNet Platform Update FAQ - February 2020 for information about our new platform technology provider and more.
At 200,000 registered members and more than 13,000 monthly active members, the GeoNet community has become an indispensable experience that our users and staff rely on to work better, stay connected, and build a better geospatial world. In 2019 alone, GeoNet had 4.2 million unique visitors and more than 18.3 million page views to answered questions, blogs, and other content.
Over the years, the GeoNet community has shared feedback about the community experience with the following requests:
- Smarter search capabilities
- Enhanced integration with Esri websites
- Improved mobile experience
As this exciting transition develops, we will be working with the community towards enhancing these key areas. Your feedback and engagement will be important to us and we encourage you to provide feedback and ask questions throughout the process.
What you need to know now...
While the new community development is underway, there are no anticipated interruptions to the community performance on the current platform, and the community will continue to be live through the transition to the new platform. The GeoNet Team will provide updates and announcements about the new community platform update in the GeoNet Lounge.
Thank you for being a part of the Esri Community and we look forward to working with you on a new and improved GeoNet!
The GeoNet Team