The global challenges that we face today are more complex than ever before. A vast number of issues may not lie completely within a single nation state, and they don't necessarily fit neatly into traditional military or diplomatic roles. To respond, our systems and workflows need to be dynamic, agile, and easy to use. We need a modern intelligence workstation to deliver intelligence capabilities.
The ArcGIS platform provides intelligence workstation applications and tools that leverage enterprise geospatial services and community imagery formats in a collaborative, production environment. With the specialized configuration, the Esri user experience can be streamlined for essential intelligence workflows and provides powerful analytic capabilities.
An intelligence workstation equipped with ArcGIS is a combination of applications and tools. Analysts leverage the analytic capabilities of ArcGIS Pro in addition to specialty apps, enterprise data, and services for improved intelligence production. The intelligence workstation also integrates imagery tools with geospatial capabilities within the same desktop environment. Solutions are scalable to your organization, mission, and intelligence requirements.
An essential component of the intelligence workstation is the Intelligence Configuration for ArcGIS Pro (ICAP). ICAP offers a custom, managed configuration, and add-ins that provide a streamlined user experience for the intelligence analyst. Without ever leaving the ICAP environment, analysts can
- Batch import point, line, and area vector data received through observations, sensors, and reports.
- Spatially query to filter relevant data.
- Visualize the relationships between people, groups, and objects.
- Determine probabilities and likely courses of action.
The capabilities in this new configuration include the following:
- Link charts—Visualize entities and their relationships. Link charts allow analysts to easily see, edit, and manipulate link diagrams of people, groups, and events that would otherwise be stored in a table or a map. In one single interface, analysts can see the complex relationships between different assets with minimal data and little to no training. The linked chart derives from the source data, so it can be manipulated via the chart or the map.
- Conditions and alerts—Ease the burden of filtering and querying data to discover its value. ICAP provides a way for analysts to set conditions based on a set of queries and receive alerts when these conditions are met. For instance, when mortar activity is within seven kilometers of a reported location, an alert notifies the analyst, and it's logged for further analysis.
- Data management—Bring the most commonly used data management tools to the forefront, placing widely used tools on a custom Data Management ribbon. In addition to the already robust suite of analysis tools in ArcGIS, ICAP introduces one that grabs files commonly used by the intelligence analyst (such as SHP, KML, and KMZ) and adds them to the map with the right symbology, including MIL-STD-2525 military symbology.
If you would like to learn more about the capabilities offered with the Intelligence Configuration for ArcGIS Pro, please join us for our webinar on June 19.