Image filename not working in connect

Jump to solution
02-21-2024 07:49 PM
admincrew
New Contributor II

I'm working on a survey that will capture up to 4 photos at a given location. I tried using the image "bind::esri:parameters" field as well as a calculated field but neither have actually changed the filename. I keep ending up with the default naming. I consulted the following resources before creating this post.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/implemented-set-default-photo-name-in-survey123... 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/what-s-new-in-arcgis-survey123-june-2022/ba-p/11... 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformmedia.htm#ESRI_SECTION2_D007264B8F... 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-photos/ba-p/897907 

The desired outcome is something like Property name photopoint number image letter_datetime stamp such as: PropertyName-1a_datetime, Property-1b_datetime, etc

filename1 has bind::esri:fieldType as "null" and "calculation" is this:

concat(${property_name},"-",${pointnum}${image_alpha},"_",format-date(now(), "%Y%m%d%H%M%S"))

Screenshot 2024-02-21 224109.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 224330 results.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 224416 image name.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Okay, I uploaded and tried. Same issue as you...

Check out the two adjacent tags. Put a comma in there and see if that fixes it:

abureaux_1-1708620666291.png

Also, be careful of using reserved names. It can cause issues. You will see a green triangle indicating something is wrong with a name:

abureaux_0-1708620382644.png

It can be a little misleading, since you have to ignore that green triangle in other columns. But, the name column is a little different. You want to respect it's restrictions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I think the issue is incorrect info in the blogs. Try "fileName" rather than "filename".

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized you are already doing that. It's early here...

In Connect, do you see your custom file name after adding a sample photo? Or is it still the default file name?

abureaux_0-1708617116966.png

abureaux_1-1708617132376.png

admincrew
New Contributor II

😊

I just gave it a try and it's the default name in Connect. I chose an existing image from files 

It seems like it might be stuck on an edit I previously tried (adding the dash between date and time)?

Screenshot 2024-02-22 connect image name.png

I just double checked and am running the most up-to-date version 13.19.104.0

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Connect version was going to be my next question.

I don't see anything obviously wrong at first glance.  Any chance you can include your XLSX so I can upload to my Connect and try?

My tests earlier had a working filename with a similar set-up to yours:

abureaux_0-1708619036312.png

abureaux_1-1708619044389.png

0 Kudos
admincrew
New Contributor II

sure! 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Okay, I uploaded and tried. Same issue as you...

Check out the two adjacent tags. Put a comma in there and see if that fixes it:

abureaux_1-1708620666291.png

Also, be careful of using reserved names. It can cause issues. You will see a green triangle indicating something is wrong with a name:

abureaux_0-1708620382644.png

It can be a little misleading, since you have to ignore that green triangle in other columns. But, the name column is a little different. You want to respect it's restrictions.

0 Kudos
admincrew
New Contributor II

I made the following changes

1. changed date name to "visit_date"
  2. added a single comma as you suggested
  3. removed all spaces from property_name list choices in "name" column just in case

I was about to say that it didn't work.... key learning moment: don't forget to actually input the desired information in the connect app (in my case the property name, photopoint number and letter)

SUCCESS! one little comma was all it needed.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 connect image name 4.png

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad that this is working, and I love the test image!