Monitor 2023 Adonis Warning

12-12-2023 02:26 PM
ShawnyEkadis
New Contributor III

Our ArcGIS Monitor just stopped working one day and the log files are filled with this warning:

WARNING: Adonis has detected an unhandled promise rejection, which may cause undesired behavior in production. To stop this warning, use catch() on promises or wrap await calls inside try/catch.

I have no idea what this means and haven't been able to find any info on it related to ArcGIS Monitor. I have also noticed that the ArcGIS Monitor Service has stopped and I cannot get it to start but the Server service is running. I don't know if the two are related.

Tags (2)
32 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ShawnyEkadis . What version of ArcGIS Monitor are you running?

0 Kudos
ShawnyEkadis
New Contributor III

We are using 2023.0

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Please upgrade to 2023.2 at your earliest convenience and let me know if the issue is still happening.

Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

I just started getting this error after upgrading from 2023.2 to 2023.3.

Jaclyn
by
New Contributor II

We are on version 2023.1 and are experiencing the same issue. Can you confirm if an upgrade to 2023.2 resolves the problem? Thanks!

0 Kudos
ShawnyEkadis
New Contributor III

Well I am in the midst of an ArcGIS Enterprise 11 deployment right now so it may take me a bit to get around to upgrading Monitor but I will add that to my "To-Do" list. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bill-Cozzens
New Contributor

I am also getting this error after upgrading from 2023.2 to 2023.3.

EsriEvan
Esri Contributor

If you are running 2023.3, there is a known issue which requires the database maintenance job to be run manually via Administration > Database > Run.

This sounds like that issue. It will be addressed in the 2023.3.1 patch coming soon.

NaveenK
New Contributor II

Tried running it manually…it seems failing. Checked logs and could see this message - retention management failed for table 'metrics_data’.. 

ArcGIS monitor does not seem to be collecting data, but the dashboard looks OK.