Cannot register ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 (An error occurred running the observer: undefined is not a function)

Jump to solution
03-06-2024 11:42 AM
Feike
by
New Contributor II

In a fresh install of ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 I have some troubles adding ArcGIS Servers. I can add some of our servers, but also some not. When registering the component Monitor responds with an error: An error occurred running the observer. Undefined is not a function (see attachment). 

All our ArcGIS Servers are on 11.1.

I read the solution mentioned in the another question, but we don't have any usage reports with number-only names.

I also tried without port 6443 in the url with no luck. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Feike
by
New Contributor II

Problem solved. I looked at the Statistics Reports in ArcGIS Server Manager, but realized there's also the admin-interface. There I found usage reports with number-only names. After removing these, adding the ArcGIS Server succeeded. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Feike,

Can you please attach a screenshot showing the usage reports that exist on the ArcGIS Server you are trying to register?

Josh

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @GeoJosh - I am experiencing the exact same error in trying to register both my host site and my federated ArcGIS Server sites with a new Monitor 2023.3.1 setup on a Windows Server 2022 VM. 

I am using the host name https://myserver.net:6443/arcgis and the ArcGIS Server primary site account and password, per the Monitor help instructions.

As with @Feike , the portal component registered just fine.

Everything (Portal, Host, Federated Site) is at 11.1 on Windows Server 2022 VMs.  In fact, the 11.1 installs on these servers are new, not upgrades as we migrated servers from Windows 2016 to Windows 2022.

The Usage Reports from the ArcGIS Server Admin Directory:

As you can see, these are the default usage reports, I do not see any reports with 'number-only names'. 

Any suggestions and help is appreciated.

@DerekLaw 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Actually I got this working:

For the Host Site, I simply had not ever opened the statistics from Manager>Logs>Statistics.  Once I did that, the ArcGIS Server Component for the Hosting Site registered as expected.

For the Federated Site, I did have a numeric-names usage report for 'Max Timeouts for the past week'.  I think this report was inherited when I migrated our Federated Site to the new Windows Server 2022 VMs by Join Site method.  Once I deleted this usage report in ArcGIS Server Admin, the ArcGIS Server Component for the Federated Site registered as expected.

Feike
by
New Contributor II

Problem solved. I looked at the Statistics Reports in ArcGIS Server Manager, but realized there's also the admin-interface. There I found usage reports with number-only names. After removing these, adding the ArcGIS Server succeeded. Thanks!

0 Kudos